Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Some people just amaze me!

As you all know I go to school for massage therapy. And the cost of this school is $22,000 for 12 months. So you would think that if you are spending this kind of money, you would pour your heart and soul into it and learn all you can.

There are only 5 of us in my class, and we have grown very close. We all know what's going on in each others lives whether it's good or bad. But two of my classmates have just gone downhill in the last couple of months. They never show up for class (and this is not regular college, we have to log in 900 hours. If we miss hours, you have to make them up), they are always in a bad mood, they spend all of class time texting, or bringing their laptops in and playing on their facebook page. When it comes to practice time, they just lay on the massage tables and go to sleep. Now the rest of us don't want them even touching us when we have to practice cause their massage sucks! You can feel their bad energy when they walk into the room.

I have bit my lip on more than one occasion. I know that we all have shit that we go through with in our personal lives, but I was always told that you leave your personal issues at the door whether it's work or school. Their actions in the classroom are getting very distracting, so my question is, do I stop biting my lip and let them know exactly how I feel about their behavior? I'm paying damn good money for this education and their interfering with it. Or should I take the issues to the instructors and director of the school and let them handle it. I know it's their money that they are throwing down the toilet, but I feel like if you really don't want to learn and you'd rather be texting, then don't even show up. Am I a tad bitchy on this?? Unbelievable! One just texted me to see if I could work their clinic hours tomorrow night. Arrrhhhh!!!!

4 comments:

The CDM said...

Welcome to my world. I see that crap all the damn time in ALL my classes. These youngsters don't appreciate a good education at all. You find a few good ones here and there, but not often, it's sad. I've reamed a few that had it coming to them and they just sit there and look at me like I'm high or something. Then they have the nerve to wonder why their grades suck, unreal.

Fuctards, all of them.

mama biscuit said...

I'd let the instructor handle it. If you approach them and they get pissed off, you have to live with the fall out until your class is over. With only 5 people in the class, that would suck the big one!

Anonymous said...

I agree...say something to the instructor, and let the instructor handle it. Ignore the text messages! And....come here and practice on me anytime. ;-)

Busplunge said...

Ditto Kim's comments.