Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My babies are leaving the nest

Tomorrow school starts, and even though I have been through this first day of school routine before with my daughter, this will be my first time with my son. Yep...kindergarten. We got him his adult size backpack and all his supplies for kindergarten. And he will be ridding the school bus with his sissy (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they won't fight like they do in the car). And of course, we do the usual parent thing were we follow the bus to school to get the first shot when they get off the bus and follow them to their classroom. I'll never forget my daughter's first day of kindergarten, we followed the bus to school to get that "I'm growing up" picture and she looked at my husband and I and said "what are you doing here? This school is not for parents?" And you guessed it I bawled like a big ol' baby. But I wasn't the only mom with watery eyes that day.

So I'm wondering how tomorrow will go. My son is much more attached to me that my daughter was. But I'm keeping positive thoughts. He loved preschool, so this should be a walk in the park. But after we do all the ceremonial stuff tomorrow, what do I do with my time. I'm not used to being alone. My hubby took half the day off and I asked him this morning what do we do? He laughed and said "I'm going back to bed!" I do have 4 research papers due for school that I haven't even started yet. Guess I know what I'll be doing huh??? I'll post tomorrow with pictures of our big day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! My son starts 1st grade on Aug. 26th. I can't believe it.

The CDM said...

'Bout damn time you posted somshin'. This blog has been around long enough to be neglected.

Chatterness said...

Ahhhhhhhh....how I wish I could say my son was in Kindergarten. It seems like yesterday....
Next Friday, I will have to go set him up in his college dorm. My only child.....

There will be a flood of tears on the 4 hour drive home.