Sunday, September 21, 2008

And the job hunting begins

One of my classes this weekend was my business class where we are getting down to nitty gritty, yep, talking about getting a job. I'm a little freaked out. I haven't been to a job interview in 12 years. I know! And my resume...on a disk. I don't even own anything that can be worn to an interview. I'm a mommy, my clothes are pretty much jeans and Tshirts. Pretty scary huh.

I graduate in 3 months and I have yet to know what I'm going to do and where. Man this is hard. I forgot how to be a working woman. Any suggestions are welcome on a really nice interview outfit, just one thing, I hate skirts. Also anyone that knows of some websites that have really great ideas on resume layouts?

4 comments:

mama biscuit said...

I don't really have any suggestions but I wish you lots of luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I hate job hunting. Hey wait...are you going to be a licensed massage therapist? If so, can you rent a both at a flea market or something and give 15 minute chair massages? That might be a way to get our name out there and start up a client base.

Anonymous said...

Get our name...LOL! That should be get YOUR name! I don't know anything about massage! Hehe.

The day tripper said...

Yep, I'll be state licensed. And I am getting my own table and massage chair. I am also looking for a company with benefits (not awhole lot of those anymore)

Tysgirl-thanks for wishing me luck

Kim-We think alike!