Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"My headlamp costs how much? What the frig?"

Recently, I discovered that my right front headlight had a big ol' crack in it. Damn rocks! So I called the local AutoZone and asked if they had replacements and of course they said no, I'd have to go to the dealership. So I took my happy butt to my Caddy dealership to get the light fixed. The guy said he would check to make sure they had a replacement and that he did. BUT then he stated "you might want to call your insurance to see if they will cover the cost of your light. We have a replacement but it cost $1083.00" I shit you not! Now, being out in public I really try to watch my mouth but the F word came flying out. And it's get better, the labor is extra!!! Needless to say that my cracked highlight has not been replaced. What the hell were Cadillac engineers thinking when they made this car? I have a feeling....they were laughing all the way to the bank.

6 comments:

The CDM said...

I say Fuck all the time, you know that. Guess how many times it came out at the Subaru dealership?

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on Bugs and headlights!

Sky Girl said...

Don't get me started on car replacement parts!

California Girl said...

I know how to total cars and get hit by a semi - its happened to me twice. Not good at the repairs stuff, but totalling them - yeah, I can do that!

Anonymous said...

My parents totaled a car after being hit by a semi once. I'm still amazed there were no injuries! Glad you're ok, too, CG! That must be scary.

Trooper Thorn said...

Email Toony Stewart about yout headlight. He seems like a good guy; maybe he'll help.

Serioulsy though, usually the lamps inside light even with a crack in the "light" shell. They are about $30 to replace and easy to do. Have someone scheck to see if only the lamps need to be replaced.

Thanks for your comments on Mom Insulting Text Messages.